This power monitor plugs directly into any USB socket and allows you to connect any USB cable into it for charging or data transfer. It displays on screen the voltage, current and the total amount of current which has been output.
It is also allows you to compare the power of different USB sockets, see how much power each of your devices needs, and study the quirks of USB charging. This is especially useful for solar panels with USB outputs, since it will then allow you to position the panel to maximize the energy it outputs, see what factors affect the panel’s performance, and also to see when the output is too low to be worth using the solar panel.
- USB1: Incorporates SmartCharge adaptor as sold separately. This blocks data transfer allowing you to charge from any USB socket without risk of data hacking / viruses, and allows upto 4x faster charging than is normally possible from Computer / Car USB sockets.
- USB2: A normal USB 2.0 socket, allows data transfer and charging.
- 0-4000mA (4.0A), 3-20V Range, Accurate to 0.01A, 0.01V. Uses <13mA for an accurate readout. Fully compatible with Qualcomm Quick Charge 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0.
- 9 different memory positions to store mAh values.
- Uses a backlit LCD display which can be seen either in complete darkness or bright sunny conditions.
- Built in extension cable means you can turn the screen to face you.
- 1 Year guarantee from PortaPow UK
Premium Power Monitor
This monitor can show the voltage, current, and total power output in real time from any USB socket or DC power cable upto 50V.
- Shows readings in Volts (V), Amps (A), Power (W), Total Power (mWH or mAH), and Time Elapsed
- Includes detachable cables to connect to a USB socket, cable screw-clamps to connect a pair of DC cables, and voltage tester cables.
- Powered by a built in rechargeable battery and can be charged/powered from any USB socket. Does not use any power at all from the device being measured for the most accurate results.
- Backlit LED screen for use at night.
- Pause/Reset buttons to store the total power and time readouts.
- Allows USB 2.0 data transfer and Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 through the USB cable while taking measurements.
The monitor is useful for a wide range of uses: it can help you angle a solar panel to capture the most energy, see how much capacity a battery pack really has, how much energy it takes to fully charge your devices, test your household or car batteries to see if they are close to dying, and test your USB cables to see if they are causing slow charging.