Allows you to charge your phone, tablet or other portable device safely without any risk of unwanted data transfer (‘aka Juice Jacking’) or popups on your computer/car asking you to sync.
- 20 AWG thick low resistance copper cable to ensure the cable is not the bottleneck in charging speed. Includes 56k Ohm pullup resistor to comply with official USB-C spec.
- 100cm (3.3ft) length
- PortaPow branded ‘data block’ cable and red connectors so you can easily tell this is not a normal charge+sync cable.
- Please ensure your device uses a USB-C socket for charging, almost all Apple devices do not, and many others use micro-USB or another shape socket.
- The blocker is not compatible with extra fast charging technologies such as ‘Qualcomm Quick Charge’ ‘Samsung adaptive fast charge’ as these require data transfer to be enabled. Public USB chargers do not support these standards either so your device will charge as normal.
- Some car USB sockets do not provide enough power to charge a device, so a dedicated USB car charger must be used.
- Laptops and other large devices require data transfer to enable the faster charging speeds they require, so cannot be charged via a data blocker